How stuff works and the value of process
so i made a mozilla-central workflow chart...
lifecycle of a bug
Purpose of chart: Communication!
- shows new project members how Mozilla tools + people work together
- helpful to visual thinkers
- gives us a way to talk about workflow (a la design patterns)
Rather excellent workflow diagrams already exist
- bug lifecycle
- submitting a patch
- what happens when you push
- See workflow diagrams
Things to do
- lots of big pieces aren't even mentioned (Addons, Drumbeat, Labs, puppet, nagios, IRC, etc etc etc ...)
- ....and the stuff there isn't very complete either!
- it's hard to track information packets with node + connection model
- cool things with JS ( since this is SVG...)
- AJAX-pulled context on :hover
- a more explorative chart with movable pieces and detail view
- make wiki-able
- move to a mozilla.org URL